FOLLOW-UP FROM QUEENS POPULAR ASSEMBLY:
This is a follow-up email from the Queens Popular Assembly that took place on October 16th. You’re been added to our announcement list because you either signed our contact sheet or have a personal connection that added you. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you!
We are excited to announce that folks are getting together again to put some of the ideas discussed at the last assembly into action, as well as to start planning for a winter assembly.
A few of the ideas that were proposed and voted on include:
1. Starting a neighborhood news publication;
2. Creating an official Queens Popular Assembly Coordinating Committee;
3. Working on a voucher program for folks experiencing homelessness;
4. Creating outreach material in more languages than Spanish and English;
6. Cleaning up Woodside Plaza;
6. Fighting for affordable housing that is tied to income;
7. Reaching out to existing block associations;
8. Have our next assembly in a more quite and accessible location;
9. And several other items related to outreach and language usage.
We currently do not have much dedicated infrastructure setup for public discussion but you can get in touch in the following ways:
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Join the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/400834433733079/
3. Download the Signal app and request to join the assembly text loop.
Moving forward the Assembly Coordinating Committee will be looking at other ways of helping us coordinate with each other. If you have ideas or suggestions please let folks know!
We will be writing later this month with a date and location for our next assembly.
– Queens Popular Assembly Announcement List